The Department of Sports and Youth Affairs was upgraded and notified as a full fledged Directorate from the Sports cell of the Office of the Director of Public Instruction, Meghalaya. Subsequently, in pursuance of Government policy a separate Department was also created at the level of Government in the year 1985.
The basic objective of the Department of Sports and Youth Affairs is to facilitate the development of sports and games, development of youth activities alongside the creation of necessary infrastructure required for proper grooming, nurturing and channelising the youth potentials for full realization of individual potentials and thereby contributing to human resource development of the State and becoming an assets to the society. More about the department
- Expression of Interest for Engaging Services of A Consultant for Support in Planning, Organising, Project Management and Supervision of the 39th National Games 2022, Meghalaya (381 kb)
- Draft State Youth Policy, 2018 (1 mb)
- In view to promote Youth Development, applications are invited from interesting Youth related Non Governmental Organization, Clubs Association under the Directorate of Sports & Youth Affairs under the Chief Minister Youth Development Scheme (34 kb)
- Applications are invited from the citizens of Meghalaya who are undergoing studies in various courses in Physical Education in different recognized institutions for financial assistance during the year 2014-2015 (25 kb)
- Chief Minister Youth for Green Campaign Movement (43 kb)
- Panchayat Yuva Krida Aur Khel Abhiyan (PYKKA) (39 kb)