Calendar of Events
Road Map of the Proposed Programmes of Sports Activities during the Year of the Youth 2012
|Sl. No.||Date/Month||Name of District||Name of Sports / Discipline||Action to be Taken|
|1||March 20-15 April||All 7 (seven) Districts||(1) Engagement of Coaches on contract basis of 2 Month as a start for imparting Training in Different Sport Disciplines at District level and Block level to be done with immediate effect, i.e. 1st April, 2012 and prior to every Tournament to be conducted in the year long programme.||(1) District Sport Officers to identify and engage Coaches on Contract basis from veteran Sport persons who are able to contribute to conduct coaching camp to the youth in different sport disciplines. List to be submitted to the Directorate of sports & Youth Affairs for approval.
(2) Coaching camp to be conducted at each Block Level and District level for athletics and Football before the start of any competition. Coaches to draw up immediate coaching programmes for the Blocks and Districts level.
(3) Coaches to be engaged preferences should be given to those available at each Block to enable them to properly and continuously conduct coaching camps in their own areas throughout the year.
|March 20-15 April||All 7 (seven) Districts||(2) Publicity of the Different Sport Disciplines to be taken up during the Year of the Youth celebration||(1) District Sport Officers in consultation with Deputy Commissioners Concern to cause wide publicity within their jurisdiction for maximum participation of youth in the Coaching Camps and sport activities.
(2) Scheduled of coaching Camps to be publicised in local dailies, through headman, Durbar, Nokmas, Association, Clubs, etc.
May & June
|All 7 (seven) Districts||(1) School Athletic meet, Swimming Competition and Football Tournaments.
(2) Athletics meet at each Block Head Quarters to identify talents who will be competing at the District Level.
(3) Selection Trials between District and Block athletes to be selected to participate the State Level competition at Tura.
(4) State Level Athletic meet at Tura w.e.f. 23rd-25th May 2012 for under-14, under-16 and Senior category from 17 Affiliated Units/ Associations.
(5) Subroto Cup to be Complete by June for Under-14 & under -17 (Boys & Girls).
(6) Chief Minister Football Tournament under-12 /14 and under-19.
(7) Swimming Competition
|(1) All District Sport Officers to complete School Athletics at the District Level.
(2) All District Sport Officers to complete Athletic meet at the Block level.
(3) By the 2nd week of May District level selection trial be conducted between District and Block athletes who have been selected within the prescribed timing etc.
(4) All District Sport Officers to identify and depute participants from each District to participate at the State level Athletic meet at Tura w.e.f. 23-25 May, 2012
(5) All District Sport Officers to complete the Subroto Cup under 14 & 17 (for Boys & Girls).
(6) All District Sport Officers to complete Chief Minister Football Tournament under-19 and under-12 / 14 by the end of June, 2012.
(7) District Sport Officers to identify suitable locations, rivers, pools etc. in their District, Block, Village for conduct of swimming competitions and also water sports for youth wherever it is feasible.
|3||July 2012||West Garo Hills, Jaintia Hills, West Khasi Hills, Ri-Bhoi, East Khasi Hills, South Garo Hills, East Garo Hills||Badminton, Table Tennis and Carom board.||All 7 District Sport Officers to complete Tournament of Badminton and Table tennis, Carrom board competitions (if proposed) at the Block level and District level.|
|4||August 2012||East Khasi Hills||Boxing, Karate||District Sport Officers to complete competition on Boxing and Karate at the Block and District level.|
|All 7 (seven) Districts||State level Swimming Competition at Shillong||At Crinoline Swimming Pool, Shillong.
All district Sports Officers to send participants for the competition to be intimated by the Association concerned
|5||September||All 7 (seven) Districts||Basketball Competition||All 7 (seven) District Sport Officers to complete the competition on Basketball competition at the Block / District level.|
|6||October||All 7 (seven) District||Marathon, Volleyball competition||All District Sport Officers to complete competition on marathon, volleyball at the Block and District level and select players for the State level competition from their Block Team & District Team|
|Rock climbing||District Sport Officers of Jaintia, West Khasi Hills, East Khasi Hills, and South Garo Hills to complete competition on Rock Climbing.|
|7||November||a) West Garo Hills, East Garo Hills, South Garo Hills.||Inter district Volleyball Competition at Ampati for Garo Hills only||All the three District Sport Officer to co-ordinate holding of Volleyball competition at Ampati to be completed by 2nd week of November, 2012. District Sport Officer Tura to convene the committee of the 3 District Sport Officers to work out modalities and programmes.|
|(b) West Khasi Hills/ Ri- Bhoi East Khasi Hils, South Garo Hills/ East Garo Hills||Archery Competition||To complete Archery competition by 1st week of November.|
|(c) All 7 (seven) District||Chief Minister Football Tournament of Champion from each District in under-19 Football and Meghalaya Meet Which will include Table Tennis, Badminton, Half Marathon, Archery, Judo, Karate/ Basketball, Teakwondo at Shillong by the 3rd week of November||(1) All District Sport Officers to depute the champion Football Team from each District under-19 for the State Level Chief Minister Football Tournament at Shillong and participants for the Meghalaya Meet 2012 on disciplines mentioned at column 5 duly qualified from their District. (2) State Association concerned will conduct the Tournaments.|
|8||December||(1) Festivals at Shillong. (2) Cultural show, singing competition, etc.||Decision of the State Task Force is awaited|
Note: All Games are conducted with the objective for talent Search to be identified at each District by Deputy Commissioners/ /District Sport Officers/ Coaches/ Associations concerned and to submit the List to the Directorate of Sports & Youth Affairs.